Viska Systems develops world-class machine vision inspection systems for a variety of industries including medical device, automotive, electronics, and food & beverage. We are currently seeking a talented engineer to join our team who will develop/support control systems and custom inspection systems for our global customer base.
The successful candidate will work cross functionally to develop concepts, prototypes, control systems, machine vision systems, and software for complex manufacturing applications. This role is an excellent opportunity to work at the forefront of machine vision innovation in the manufacturing industry and offers exciting opportunities to work with technologies such as Deep Learning AI, lighting, optics, and industrial communications protocols.
There will be an element of customer facing in this role also, and it is a great opportunity to widen your engineering skillsets.
This is a permanent role, located in Buttevant, Co Cork.
- Participating on project teams to develop clear specifications, evaluating feasibility of concepts, and providing formal estimates for control systems and vision system designs.
- Integrating machine vision systems into a PC or PLC based system.
- Troubleshooting vision systems remotely for customers.
- Creating supporting design documentation.
- Communicating costs and project status to project lead.
- Collecting and analysing inspection results to prove robustness of vision system changes.
- Working hand in hand with customers to deliver their best-ever customer experience.
- Assisting in project feasibility and the sales process.
- Assisting in generating and executing software test protocols and providing feedback to developers on improvements and bug fixes.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field required with a minimum grade of 2.1.
- 1-3 years Software Development, Vision System design and Automation system design experience would be ideal, but will consider an exceptional candidate with a relevant degree but without industry experience that can demonstrate technical competence.
- Any experience with Cognex Vision Pro, Cognex Insight or other vision is not essential, but is an advantage.
- Personal interest in engineering/computer science/artificial intelligence is important.
- Great attitude to work, be reliable, and trustworthy.
- Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
- Be allowed to work in Ireland (have necessary visa/work permit).
- To have a full clean EU driving licence.
- Be able to travel and work between Ireland/Northern Ireland/UK/EU on short-term assignments for customer support.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org