Viska Systems develops world-class machine vision inspection systems for a variety of industries including medical device, automotive, electronics, and food & beverage.
We are currently seeking a talented Machine Vision engineer to join our team who will develop/support control systems and custom inspection systems for our global customer base.
The successful candidate will work cross functionally to develop concepts, prototypes, control systems, machine vision systems, and software for complex manufacturing applications.
This role is an excellent opportunity to work at the forefront of machine vision innovation in the manufacturing industry and offers exciting opportunities to work with technologies such as Deep Learning AI, lighting, optics, and industrial communications protocols.
There will be an element of customer facing in this role also, and it is a great opportunity for to widen engineering skillsets.
- Participate on project teams to develop clear specifications, evaluate feasibility of concepts, and provide formal estimates for control systems and vision system designs.
- Integrate machine vision systems into a PC or PLC based system.
- Troubleshoot vision systems remotely for customers.
- Create supporting design documentation.
- Communicate costs and project status to project lead.
- Collect and analyse inspection results to prove robustness of vision system changes.
- Work closely with customers to deliver their best-ever customer experience.
- Assist in project feasibility and the sales process.
- Assist in generating and executing software test protocols and provide feedback to developers on improvements and bug fixes.
- Determine Project schedules and work with the team and other stakeholders to ensure adherence.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- 2-5 years Software Development, Vision System design and Automation system design experience would be ideal.
- Any experience with Cognex Vision Pro, Cognex Insight or other vision is not essential, but is an advantage.
- Technical Writing skills.
- Good multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- Personal interest in engineering/computer science/artificial intelligence is important.
- Great attitude to work, be reliable, and trustworthy.
- Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
- Be allowed to work in Ireland (have necessary visa/work permit).
- Full clean EU driving licence is essential.
- Be able to travel and work between Ireland/Northern Ireland/UK/EU on a short-term assignment for customer support.
Viska Systems has a collaborative and inclusive culture where everyone is appreciated. We fully support learning and development. You’ll grow with the company and significantly impact a high-potential business in an industry with amazing prospects.